Monday, November 2, 2009

Update!

Tomorrow I start going to school at Howard Gardener. It's a private school on Franconia Road. I shadowed my friend Hayley last Wednesday, and immediatly fell in love with it. The invirionment is such a great one. Completely stess free, laid back, therepeutic. All 36-ish students and 10-ish teachers are amazing. I feel comforatble there. At first we weren't sure if I could go for financial reasons, but amazingly my mom is able to teach an art class there in exchange for tuition! The younger girls can just go in with my mom when she teaches 2 times a week for 50 minutes each class. She'll start in about 6 weeks. Amazing. I am incredibly excited.

It's cause I've been trying to be good. I've been blessed. That's all there is to it!

It's beautiful outside. The trees are either colorful or bare, with the occasional evergreen. The air is crisp, and the humidity is fading. School is in full session, schedules and routine are forming. Mixtures of Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations are popping up everywhere. Christmas is making its appearance in the shelves of the local stores.

Too bad Halloween was rainy this year. I dressed up as a vampire, and took my sisters and a friend of mine trick or treating. We were out about 2 hours, but it felt more like 3 or 4. It was interesting to be back in my home neighborhood again. I felt educated and supirior knowing which houses to go to..and which ones have the creepsters. Between trunk or treating at my church and Itrick or treating, I got about 12lbs of candy. Pretty good, pretty good. We all went to the store today to clear out the clearance sections, but there weren't many great things to choose from. Ohhh well. I got sock monkey footie jammies and colorful pens, so I'm satisfied with the trip. :) My mom definetly likes shopping with me more now that I have my own money to spend.

Speaking of money, I can't work as much anymore because of the economy. My bosses have to be super tight in their spendings. Even if business is slow, they sometimes send us home early to save an extra 30 or 40 dollars. I'm not working 3 out of the 5 usual days I work this week. It's okay though.

We're going up to Rappahannock today. My uncle Chris told me about how the Gator runs even faster now that he fixed it..I'm excited to give it a whirl. Or two. I love driving things. I need to get my permit soon. I'm staying home an extra year, which is a little less stressful on the driving side, but I still need to get my rear into gear.

I'll write more later. I'll try to do it more often.

xoxoalice

7 comments:

becky said...

I'm so, so happy for you! It was great seeing you today, and your new school sounds amazing. Have a great first week! Hugs, Becky

Jane Babcock said...

Your new school makes a lot of sense. I hope it works for you and your Mom!
Love, Grandpa Ken

Jane Babcock said...

wonderful news. I'm glad it is working out.

Jennilyn said...

YEAH! Great news! Good luck, and it sounds like good blessings for good you. You are an amazing person, and it sounds like things are looking up! Hugs!

Alice said...

Thank you, thank you. :)

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

It's true, you are being blessed! I'm so amazed that things worked out the way they did. It's perfect.

Katie said...

Hey Alice! Glad you like your new school. I'm also glad that you post stuff on your blog!
Love You,
Katiebop