Thursday, December 10, 2009

Extra motivation


Lately it's been extra hard for me to get motivated. It's been extra cold, and extra dark extra early. School has been extra stressful with the change in the dynamic of work. It's way different from public, uniform education. I mean, I like my new school, but the size of the community has finally gotten to me. Total there are about 40 students. Compare 40 kids to 2, 500 kids. It's a HUGE difference! I've made some incredible friends there, but if something goes wrong, how the heck do you fix it?? Drama and rumors spread around like infectious diseases. You don't know if you want to take the risk of getting into a relationship or not. Dating a guy could stir several things up at once. Goodness.

I'm excited about Christmas this year. We're going to be at our house again! I will definitely miss SLC...but honestly, a year has gone by scarily fast. A year ago we were in Utah with the intent to stay there until mid-June. So tell me why it feels like just a couple months ago? If time honestly speeds up this fast, then, shoot. Sucks for me! Here's another example. My birthday was September 14th. I turned 16. That wasn't very long ago. So tell me why it's ALREADY December? In 9 months I'm going to be 17. And in 1 year and 9 months, an adult. If time keeps this trend going, that's really not much time. Sigh.

Well, I have a boring life at the moment, so there's not much to talk about. I'll do what I can. :)

xoxoalice

9 comments:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I was just talking to my friend about how time is going by way too fast. I think the earth is spinning faster. Maybe soon we'll just fly off it!

Alice said...

Well, that would make life easier!

Sarah said...

I think our perception of time gets more accurate as we get older. Time is just a made-up thing. As we get older it feels more and more like everything happens at once. Which, if you think about it, is true. :P

Sarah said...

(What I meant is that as a person's age approaches infinity, their perception of a specific quantity of time approaches zero.) As Stephen Hawking has suggested, perception of time is a function of time lived. Let me know if any of this makes sense to anyone. Hahaha.

Jane Babcock said...

Glad to see an update. I almost didn't check it today.

becky said...

I <3 it when you write! Time goes by extra fast now a day. It seems like just yesterday I turned 10! Please keep up the writing! I <3 U so much!
Your cuz,
Katie

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

So motivate yourself to write on your blog again!

Jane Babcock said...

Hi Alice! You and Callie both look like you have cabin fever! Maybe the Christmas celebration will make things more lively. ;-0
I hope you can find good friends in your new school. Love, Grandpa ken

Jennilyn said...

Interesting to me, thinking about what motivates me. Sometimes it is duty (the "have-tos"), sometimes it is fear (don't want to get in trouble), better is if it is something I love and just have to be reminded of it--I forget more the older I get. Once I am doing something I love I can't believe it has taken me so long to do it--if I could just remember the feeling of joy doing it, I would do it all the time (terrible example, but exercising, in the middle of it, how GOOD it feels. Sometimes the after is awful, being sore, or tired, but the middle joyous, glorious action of it is great!). Say with me, "Blogging every day is fun!" Or every week. I love hearing what you are thinking and doing. Hugs! (Remember what you love to do and do it every day!)