Today we went to see the cherry blossoms! It's a funny story actually...
Lucy, Hannah and I went to spend the night at Becky's house so that we would be closer to DC. We were planning to wake up around 7, and leave the house by 8. Nany and Grace woke up around 6 to leave to Becky's by 7 so they would get there at 8. Well, Nany got there at 8, but nobody at Becky's was awake yet! We left the house at 8 45. When we were in DC looking for a place to park, we were on Columbia Dr. when Uncle Darrin figured that he would run out of gas before they found a parking spot. He did a sudden u-turn in the middle of a traffic jam and Nany and us sisters in her car tried to follow. We all ended up taking the exit to West Falls Church and taking the metro to Smithsonian. Man, it was crowded. Bad. When we finally got to the cherry blossom circle thing, it was solid people. There was no way that we would all be able to get to the fountains. Uncle Darrin took Christopher and the rest of us (Nany, Lucy, Hannah, Becky, Lauren, Katie, Erica, and me) stayed where we entered...on a bench next to the food buying area. (Oh, we lost Hannah, Lucy, and Katie for a little bit, but Becky and I found them. They turned left when we turned right. Haha.) We stayed there eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that I so courteously made. We were there for about an hour before we got up and moved to this little park place where there were a few cherry trees. We waited there for about another hour before Darrin and Christopher got back. They walked the whole circle...how they did that I don't know, and it's amazing, but they did. By that time all of us were tired, but Becky wanted to go touring around to a museum since we were already in DC. We were too tired. Haha, Nany and I said that we had already toured enough traffic jams and chaotic humanity.
SO...
We walked back to the Smithsonian metro stop, and I thought that the people traffic was bad earlier. HAH! If you've ever ridden the metro on the fourth of July you know how horrible that alone is. Well, this was worse than that. Yeah. BAD. When the train got there, everybody except Becky, Erica, and Grace got on. It was close. When we got to West Falls Church stop and got off, we just figured that Becky &Co would just meet us there on the next train. Well, we got a call from Becky saying that she just passed National Airport...she went on the wrong train line. We were supposed to get on orange, she took the blue... It's okay though, we got it all sorted out, though it would take her over half an hour to get to our stop. Nany took all of us kids to Becky's house to wait for everyone there while Darrin stayed and waited for Becky.
Phew.
That took us from 8 45am when we left, to when we got to Becky's house at 3 45.
Both my mom and dad asked me if it was worth going...I told them to ask me again in a couple of days. Now that I've taken a little nap (I fell asleep in the car), and have recuperated a little bit I can say that it was worth it. Even though it was crazy chaotic, and nothing went according to plan, it was cool. I got to go back to DC, and we spent "quality family time" together. And it was pretty. :D
As soon as I find my cord to download pictures from my camera to the computer I'll put pictures I took up.
Today is Grace's birthday! She turned 7. Insane. She's not supposed to be 7 yet. I can't tell a difference...she's still just as whiny. Hahaha. Hopefully she'll get better in good time...give me a reason to enjoy being in her company sometime before I go to college so I can remember her for something other than..."rrrrrgrrrrwhhhhaaaAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I'm happy for her though. Lucy and Hannah are spending more time letting her play with them that downing her 24/7.
We had a family party for her yesterday. Becky and her family came up. She wanted a Neapolitan cake...we made 3 cakes, and stuck them all on top of each other. It was HUGE. All everyone of us couldn't even eat half of it. Mhm. It's big. We'll probably eat another quarter of it tonight. Haha.
Speaking of food...I'm hungry. I'll see if the after conference food is ready yet.
xoxo
5 comments:
That sounds like a crazy day. I'm glad you made it! I think you're awesome.
hah
thanks
Aw!! I totally forgot I had a blog! It doesn't send me emails! Sounds like you had a blast!!! I wish I could've seen them!! I can't wait to see some pictures! Love you dovey!
I miss your posts! Hope things are going well for you!
Happy 16th! I hope you will resume your blog and send us some pictures about your life. You have a gift for expressing your feelings with words. -Grandpa Ken
Post a Comment