Well, I'm writing again. I got guilt tripped one too many times (thanks aunt Jenni :). Things have been going fine. I'm officially homeschooled now. So far so good. I've been feeling a little transitional craziness, but that's expected. The final decision was rather abrupt.
Right now we are at Long Beach Island in New Jersey. Man is it beautiful here. Soft white sand, wind blowing everywhere, incredible sunsets (I'm aiming to catch at least two sunrises while here). We're having a little family reunion with Nanny and Bopa's kids & co. Not everyone is here yet, but already you can see the beginnings of chaos. Haha..ahh man.
It's been fun to see the adults get so excited when they see something that they remember from way back when. Arguing over which houses they had rent for vacations, criticizing the houses that had been remodeled and fixed. We've been taking lots of pictures.
The house that we're staying in is perfectly amazing. It is..HUGE. Three stories above ground (with a creepy basement that I have yet to explore). Each level has a ginormous amount of space. The main floor especially. I've honestly gotten lost once or twice trying to find my way to the kitchen. It's so big that even though it is so open, if you shouted your voice wouldn't be able to carry very far because there are so many rooms.
Today my sisters, cousins, mom, and uncle buried me alive in the sand. It was pretty amazing even though i got sand in places that it shouldn't be in. (This is for you mom) Like my ears and my groins. My sisters had fun making me have huge boobs and then designing a seashell bra. Hahahaha! Good times. I think I still have sand stuck in my ears though...
Tongight we also went to see the sunset by the bay. Pretty.
xoxoalice
6 comments:
Oh, man! I can't believe you. But I'm glad you wrote, funny girl.
So, is guilt good?
Seriously, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, just trying to gently persuade you, and to let you know I miss hearing about you from YOU! You are a good writer and your personality makes me smile! THANK YOU for writing! I love hearing your thoughts and descriptions about your life. I wish I could "guilt-trip" my big boys to blog...
Teenage years disappear so quickly and so much happens. Sometimes it is hard to keep a regular journal during those years. It is only later, looking back, that you can see how much those years influence your adult life, the things you love, the things you miss, even the habits you formed--will be with you as you get old. It is a fun time! Hard, too. It helps us old people sympathize and remember when you share your thoughts.
Hopefully it is rewarding for the sacrifice to communicate. I know it can be scary to be known, but there is peace in that, too. Shared burdens, and all that.
Watch a sunrise for me at the ocean!
I'm making a pile of fabric for you, so I hope you guys stop by on your way south.
Hugs!
Beautiful pictures. I envy your time at the beach. So glad you could have that time with your family.
Fun to see you post! Love hearing from you since I don't see you as much anymore...
Hi! Good to hear from you and see your pictures too. (You look like a college girl on the pier!)
Family trips can be chaotic, but they build good memories too, like our Babcock family reunion.
I hope your home school works out for you. Maybe you can count writing to us as an English activity?
Love, Grandpa Ken
Aunt Jenni, guilt is good when used in good doeses. Haha! We wanted to stop by on our way home but didn't get a chance because of traffic and the passengers. We will see you guys soon though.
Me blogging actually IS being counted as English. (That's the other half of why I started wrinting again. :)
Post a Comment