...or has time been moving unbelievably slow the past couple of days?
Yesterday was the funeral. Seems more like about a week ago! Either a lot happened in a short amount of time, or I'm just brain dead. The second might be more plausible. Is that the right word? Anyways, besides time moving slower than a snail, it's been pretty fine and dandy. I've seen so many people that I thought I might never see again.
The funeral service was beautiful. Lots of incredibly amazing things were said about an incredibly amazing person. I'm glad I was able to be there, and build my own thoughts on top of what people would say about him. Like I said a second ago, I saw so many people. SO many. Even Aunts Luanna and Jenni, my dad's sisters (Bapa was my mom's dad) came. The chapel was overflowing. Cousins, aunts, uncles, 1st relatives twice removed, friends, people I didn't know. They were all there. Easily over 150 people. The food afterwards...there was a lot of it. I decided that I was going to let myself be fat that day. :) I ate. A lot. Yummy. Awetash made some Ethiopian food, and left even more at Nany's house when she left to go back home. Happy, happy days for my tummy. Eric (Cire) and Dianna (family friends) did an amazing duet at the grave dedication. They both have amazing voices. Both incredibly musically talented. The dedication was short and sweet. Very sweet. After the service and dedication, the closer, more family-like guests came to the house. Phew. My claustrophobia seriously took over. I had to distract myself by drinking glass after glass of cranberry/ginger ale. Mmm...you really can't get enough of that stuff.
Today was my first day staying for Sunday school/young woman's at our new ward till June. Sigh. I like Sunday school okay. There's this really nice guy that I know from other things who keeps me laughing. Oh, and he gave me a compliment. :) Haha. So, that's all good, but young woman's is a totally different story...the teacher pisses me off the the max. I was getting ready to tell her off and walk out of the room. I told my mom, and she said that I could go to her meetings. That would be better than spending 30 minutes with that lady. 30 minutes of Hell on Sunday. Hahahahaha! That's actually pretty funny...
So, while I was laying upstairs on Nany's bed after church, steaming off, my mom brought me my grandma's guitar. It's a really nice acoustic...with one flaw. It doesn't have strings. :) I asked Nany if I could borrow it if I got it restrung cause it would be so much cheaper rather than to rent or buy one. She said yes! So, I officially have a guitar to use now. Just need to get it to a using point...I'm super excited!!! There are a bunch of songs I want to learn how to play. "Wherever You Will Go" for instance. Pretty...
Well, I should go do busy stuff now. I've watched TV almost all day.
Good luck with the new week everybody!!!
xoxo
Defiance Shirts - the Handmade Process
10 years ago
4 comments:
Alice your Grandpa seems like he really was an amazing man. I'm glad you were able to be there with him these past few weeks before he passed away-even if we had to give you up here in Utah ;) My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Uncle Ben restrung Katie's guitar yesterday! Maybe you could both take lessons...
Hi Alli!
Uncle Ben taught me everything he knows about the guitar!!! Cool right?
Love ya,
Katiebopgirl:]
you guys are cute...i sure miss you too kandis.
about the guitar, i was thinking of teaching myself. i think it would be a fun thing to do with my time besides watching tv, and the self satisfaction would be amazing. it's been a life long dream of mine. (to play the guitar) :) good luck to you katiebop!!! <3
Post a Comment