That's where I might be going as of today.
Yes, I thought I would be registering at Rappahannock County High School today. So did my mom. We made it as far as the guidance counselor's office. We sat down and started talking about my scheduling options, and were all disappointed about me losing half a years worth of credits. Plus, I still have half a year of gym credits to do. With all of the credits I would have to make up, I wouldn't get as far as I would like with the total amount when I graduate. I can't take gym online, and there aren't any AP World History classes I could take independently.
I would commute with my dad every morning, and after school, I would stay at a neighbors house until my dad could pick me up around 6pm. I could probably go to friends' houses sometimes, too. The commuting time I would have with my dad could be really valuable. In that 3 hour daily trip, it could be a good bonding time that we haven't really ever had. I would be able to do my homework after school and in the car . It could work out really well. Really well.
I would be going into it knowing that I could possibly slip back again fairly easily. I know that. I am confident though that I would be able to handle it. I've learned a lot, and if I go back into West Potomac with a strong determination, and the right attitude, then I know it would work out. I have a strong support system back home with all of my close friends, and amazing neighbors. I would be able to call my mom whenever I needed her, and would almost every day after I get home. I would have to be completely honest with my mom at all times, and I know that I can do that.
I could do this.
There still are three options to choose from.
Plan A: Commute to West Potomac (which is what I prefer)
Plan B: Do an online independent study program
Plan C: Go to Rappahannock County High School (our last and final resort)
Our plans keep changing even when we are SURE that we're going to do something. Like I said, we got as far as the office today. Maybe next try we'll actually be able to register me! Haha.
Once again, sorry about writing so much about school. It's really all that's been going on with me lately. Everybody else is being too unproductive to say anything about what's going on. Well, we are taking all the trash to the dump today. It's a LOT of trash. There are lots of diaper children in this house, too. Yuck.
Bapa continues getting more tired and weak, but is still alert and can carry on conversation. We'll be lucky if he's here a week or two more.
Now we're talking about how maybe I could take online independent study classes then do summer school for my other classes. I really don't like, REALLY don't like that option. I want to keep my summer as free as possible. I want to actually be able to have a break. With how hard I've been working, I deserve a break, right? Hah. I don't know. It's much more stressful than it should be.
I still really think commuting with dad and going to West Potomac would be the smartest academically-wise choice for me. Anything else would get me behind, and I want to stay as far ahead and as close to schedule as I possibly can. I really will do almost anything it takes. I don't like all the other crazy options. I wish things would just work out. I wish that my dad could see past some things, and just have faith in me that they will work out. I wish that he wouldn't feel so much pressure on him that leaving me with close family friends for a few hours after school until he comes to pick me up. I want my family to have faith in me. I want them to help me follow through with the most academically smart school choice. I want to start living a normal life again. I'm ready to.
Wish us luck.
xoxo
Defiance Shirts - the Handmade Process
10 years ago
7 comments:
ok so i definitely think that you should go to west potomac!!! that would be pretty amazing and the other options kind of suck. summer is summer and not for school. (exception of band camp cause that doesnt count). and you did all that hard work 1st semester over in utah if you lost all that. ew.
so my opinion. incase you couldnt have guessed. :]
Well that situation with school sounds like a mess. I hope whatever you decide works out best for you. We miss you around here, Pheobe was so sad last night when we broke the news to her (apparently she was unaware of the move) She really looked up to you. Well since we never had a chance to say proper goodbyes we have something we wanted to send you-can you email me your address? kjoesplin@gmail.com
Remember who you are and the Lord loves you!
Miss you, Kandis
good luck sorting it all out alice - you're in good hands with your parents. you seem to be doing very well with your year as a gypsy :-) hope it all works out in the best way possible for you!
love you!
yeah, i really hope that everything works out...and soon. my dad strongly opposes west potomac. STRONGLY. well, because he doesnt want me as a "Burden" to whoever would be watching me after school. well, we'll see. hopefully something works out. i'm doing the hardest i can to keep up with my school stuff on schedule. urg.
oh, and i emailed you my adress kandis. i miss you guys too.
love you too kirsten!
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU MIGHT BE COMING TO WEST POTOMAC!??!?!?!?!?! THATS SO AWESOME! W00T. BTW I agree with heather on the other options. That would be so cool if you came back to school and band with us! <3
i know, i know...i'm trying. i really am.
Post a Comment