Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sorry.

So, sorry about not writing for the past few days. It's been a crazy few days. Really.

First things first. Sunday I was able to go to Alexandria for the first time in about 8 months! I was so disappointed after my mom told me that I couldn't see anybody because of the relatives visiting. As soon as we got in the area, I immediately felt some sort of relief. When we arrived at our house, I called Adam, and he was able to come over. We only got to chill for about an hour...*sniff*, but I'm sooo happy that I finally was able to despite the timing. Yeah, he didn't stay very long because my dad shooed him home thinking that he would "distract" me from helping mom or babysitting (which I did neither of). Sad. About an hour after he left, Heather and Anna dropped by on their way home from a crew meeting. It was a very LOUD reunion. It was super nice to be able to see them, too though! :D After they left, we went to Becky's house to drop off Katie and eat some dinner.

Even though the reunions were short and not much catching up was involved at all, hope is still not lost!!! On Saturday the renters living in our house are hosting a Valentine's Day party (because she overheard me complaining to my mom about how sad I was that Adam had to leave super early for no reason). I like that renter lady and family. Not just because of that, of course. They've been taking great care of the yard, and the house seems to be in as good of a condition as we left it. Good job people! I'm still sad that we're not able to live there now though. Anyways, Heather, her boyfriend, Adam and Anna (maybe) will be coming. Some other people might be able to stop by to say hi and give hugs, too. I am beyond excited. Haha, it will definitely be longer than less than an hour to be with my happy people!!! Even if my mom has to stay here, everybody else should and will be able to go up.

So, Monday went by fast for me because I slept until 2 30pm. It was nice. Super nice. We're finally moved in to our cabin, so I have a room upstairs with a...I can't believe it...a DOOR! Plus, the girlies were off at school, so they weren't there to be noisy. Mom and Bubby took off to Nany and Bapa's house, so they weren't there to be noisy. It was a nice quiet cabin all to myself. I would have kept sleeping longer, too, but my mom shook me awake, telling me that she is a genius. I guess she is. For a while that morning, she was on a conference call with a couple people at West Potomac trying to figure out what to do for my school situation. Basically they came to the conclusion that the only way for me to get into West Potomac as a junior next year was for me to take four specific classes. Coincidentally, the classes I needed to take are offered at Rappahannock! So, my mom went to register me after waking me up. Funny how the worst option at first turned out to be the best in the end. Doesn't happen very often.

Tuesday, the next day was my first day of school. Again. I get to wake up at 6am every morning again. Woo-hoo? On my bus we have assigned seating. Ugh. I have my own seat, but I'm surrounded by lunatics. Behind me there is this girl, Autumn, in seventh grade who is loud and obnoxious to the extreme. To my left, there is Tiffany, in fifth grade, who will not shut up and is always in a hissy fit about something or another. Behind her there is a girl, Casie, in seventh grade who is just creepy. Between those girls, and the dud guy on front of me, the bus ride is pretty annoying. Although, I do have a few friends who get to sit in the back of the bus that I can yell over the crazies, and do something for the hour that I'm on there. Yes. An hour long bus ride. One way. Two hour commute to and from school every day. When I got to school, I waited in the front office for about half an hour until the lady that said she would give me a tour finally came in with her 9 month old baby who had pink eye. I got my tour eventually though. First I have chemistry. I miss my Utah teacher so bad compared to this funky dude. He sounds like a combination of the guy who says inconceivable in The Princess Bride, and Mr. Coe, who sounds like Templeton in Charlotte's Web. I forget his name. It takes me everything I have just to not laugh while he's giving us a lecture. The people in the class are...quiet. Very quiet. After chemistry I have this Cambridge English program which is similar to a pre-AP English 10 class. The teacher is amazing. I forget her name, too, but she really is a good one. That first day I was there, after class she asked me if I knew anyone to sit with at lunch. Well, of course I didn't, so she introduced me to this one junior girl who is drama, drama, drama. Conspiracy or just friendliness, I do not know. Naomi, one of Bertukan's daughters has the same lunch as me, so that will be fun. Then I went to history. My teacher...oh man. He is this 61 year old man who is constantly joking around about him dying, and constantly trying to make the class laugh. For instance, he teaches in riddles. Trys to find ways to make memorizing places on a map easier and with pleasure. So, he asked me what country in Africa dances the most. I had no idea. "Jabooti, silly! Get it? Shake your booty?" Then he goes around the classroom shaking his butt and making this great facial expression. This is what he does on a regular basis. I like him, too. My last class is Algebra 2. The teacher's nice, and has this crazy sarcastic sense of humor. He's really helpful, too. Oh! I forgot. In the morning, when I was getting my tour, we stopped by the band room and I met the band teacher. We were trying to find out if there was anything at all that I could do to continue with my tuba-ing. He asked what school I was originally from in Virginia. When I told him West Potomac, his eyes got kind of wide, and he looked completely in a shocky awe. "West Potomac? Wow...I know the band directors there! You're really from there? That's amazing!!! Are you absolutely sure that there is no possible way for you to fit band class on your first block??? Please?????" Hahaha. He was so sad. Especially since I'm a tuba, and tubas kill over any instrument. Haha. Well, he said that he would give me the music for the concerts, and I can play with them. He also told me about this thing where the band marches in March for this one thing which I can't remember what it is. He asked me if I marched, and yeah, that made me happy. Really happy. Since they only have one sousaphone, we'll either have to borrow one for me locally or from West Potomac.

So! That was my first day of school in a nutshell. I met a bunch of people, like most all of my teachers, and all in all think that it's a great place! I still wish that I could have gone to West Potomac, but at least I'll be able to go there next year...as a junior. :)

Last night, Bapa had a really hard night. His breathing was different for a long time, and Nany thought he was in a coma. I cried a little, and stayed up in the room with everybody until about 12 30am. My mom told me to go upstairs and sleep in Nany's bed for the night. I did. I fell asleep around 2am, and kept waking up on and off. I wasn't able to take my seroquel, and I kept my contacts in. I kept waking up almost every half hour, and would stay awake for 15-20 minutes until I crashed again. My mom woke me up around 6 30am, and told me that I had to get up for school. I felt like crap. My eyes hurt, I had a headache, I could barely stand. I went though. I got in half an hour after school started. Bapa's doing a little better today. Kind of. Not really. He's been shaky and complainy, and it's been really hard for him. I'm worried about how he'll do tonight. I can only hope for the best.

I need to go back to the cabin and get some homework done. It'll be a nice, windy walk. Hah.

More later.

xoxo

3 comments:

Deb said...

Alice, you are so descriptive! When you wrote about your teachers it made me laugh out loud. It's good you finally got school sorted out. I hope things go better with your family tonight. What a hard time. It's good you are there.

Alice said...

haha, thanks! i hope things go smoothly around here. it's so chaotic!

BobandLu said...

I love that you play the tuba! I'm glad that other people love it too. It's always nice when people appreciate your talents.
I think about your family a lot and love knowing how you're doing.