I'm not going to to Brentsville after all.
SURPRISE!!!
Turns out I'm going to Rappahannock County High School. Again. Apparently the lady we talked to didn't have her facts completely straight. My mom called the Rappahannock County School Board and they said that I should have absolutely no problem making credits up. SO, I'm going to take Algebra 2, Chemistry, a "Cambridge Honors English thing" equivalent to the AP honors English class I was taking in Salt Lake, and Spanish 2. I'll make up my history credit sometime later. Maybe I can do that over the summer somehow.
So in other words, I'm gonna be a panther! Hah.
The reason why I'm not going to Brentsville is because in order for me to go, I would need to be in Becky and Darrin's custody, at least part-time. In order to get that title, we would need to go to court and do all of this legal crap. The appointment with people would be at the end of February, and the court date would be sometime in March. I would be able to go to school in between that time, but there's too much legal business to take care of, and it just wouldn't be worth it. It would all in all, be easier for me to make up a half quarter credit of history than do do all that. Plus, with me going to Rappahannock County High School, it will be a much easier, faster commute. I already know some people who go there, so I won't be completely alone. I don't know anyone in my grade, but I'll get there. I didn't know anyone in Salt Lake. I am really sad that I won't be able to do band, but in that school they don't have advanced band anyways. They just have one band with everybody in it. From 8th-12th grade. Maybe there's some local thing I could play in.
Anyways, that's pretty much the whole story, except that earlier this morning, we were seriously considering the option of homeschooling. would've been okay with that I guess cause I would have had school done early this year, but now that the Rappahannock option is set, that's not an option anymore.
So, THAT'S the whole story. Sorry to keep bugging with lots of long posts about complaining school.
Lots of love.
xoxo
Defiance Shirts - the Handmade Process
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment