Today was all in all...amusing.
Last night I spent the night at Becky's house again while the girls spent the night at Bertukans. Katie was debating back and forth between going with the girls or going to her house to chill with me. She chose me. Haha. Katie is nine years old, but a total teenager. She makes me laugh. She is always so sarcastic with an incredibly dry sense of humor. Last night when we were at Wendys for dinner on the run, we would be saying the same little comments to the younger kids. Hah. It must be an oldest daughter thing. Anyways, last night when I was doing my nightly routine pushups, my hair was down over my face kinda going whoosh everywhere. Micky, Katie's cat, snuck up on me and I couldn't see him cause my hair was in my face. With me completely unawares, I felt this tug on my hair pulling my head down. When I felt around with my hand, something grabbed my arm and clung on. I looked up and saw the cat. Then laughed. It was great.
In the morning we got up earlier than usual and went to Nany and Bapa's ward for fast and testimony meeting where Bapa bore his testemony and some other members of the ward expressed their graditude towards him and his wife. It was sweet. Really sweet. We didn't stay for the other two hours cause Bapa wanted to go home. That place is going to be our church for the next four and a half months. Whoopee. Actually, it's a pretty cute ward.
After church a lot of visitors came to see Bapa. A lot. Most of them close people I know and love. It was really nice. Even Matthew and Musie came up with Awetash and Shawl! It was super nice to see them again and get to talk. Uncle Chris got this great new Subaru a few weeks ago. It's this race car that just came to America in 2004. This is a 1999 model and it's a classic. When they came to America the models changed a bit. For example, this model has the steering wheel on the right side of the car instead of the left. Also the mph scale is read in kilometers. It's a '99 Subaru STI from Japan. Pretty sweet, huh? Anyways, Chris took us on a drive (Matt, Musie and me) to show us how super it was. It was freaking sweet cause he accelerated super fast and it made my gut go crazy. A little less crazy than that feeling you get when you go down a giant hill on a roller coaster. Awesome. Thanks Chris!!!
I found this awesome exercising machine in the boiler room that I'm gonna start using because it's too cold for me to run comfortably outside. It has these bike pedals that you pedal while your arms do this back and forth thing. The seat that you sit on is kind of slanted forward so that more weight is put on your legs. While you pedal a fan blows up on your face so you don't get overheated. It's cooler than it sounds. I was so worn out after I worked it that I flopped on a bed somewhere down in the basement and was in a half trance while some kids were watching Finding Nemo. Haha. I'll make sure not to kill myself on it though. :)
Ugh, I have a headache. It's been a long day. I've been up for about 14 hours now and I haven't gotten to sleep very much this past week. With the drive and me sharing rooms with early risers and me going to bed late, it's been harder on me than I should have let. Tomorrow I get to go register at Rappahannock County High School. It's going to be hard to figure out my schedule because at that school they do 4 classes one semester, and another four the second. I have 5 classes that are most important to me. The regular core ones (history, algebra 2, english, and chemistry), and then band. It would suck SO bad if I wasn't able to play the tuba for the next four and a half months plus over the summer. SO bad. I guess I'll have to figure out something eventually, but either way I won't be able to be satisfied. I'll either have to take a semester of one class my senior or junior year, or be sad.
I need to go find a place to sleep with the house full of 18 visitors, and one more on their way who will be arriving at 2 in the morning. Wish me luck!
xoxo
Defiance Shirts - the Handmade Process
10 years ago
3 comments:
I think it's 17 visitors, but maybe you're including Callie! Love you.
I am impressed by your courage, Alice, going to a new school and everything. So many changes and hard times. And you still have a great sense of humor. I admire that.
yeah, it's hard, but things will come through.
Post a Comment