Saturday, January 31, 2009

Oh Nany...

You're great.

You're always so sweet, caring, loving...conservative.

Take today for example.

I came over to you while you were in the kitchen busying yourself with something on the counter. You were scraping the last bits of rice out of a rice cooker into a glass bowl. I asked you what you were doing, and you said, "I cooked this rice 4 days ago, and it's just been sitting here so I decided it was time to get rid of it." I said cool, and walked away, only to see her get a spoon out of the drawer, walk over to the table, and sprinkle some salt on the old rice. Then she went to go sit on the couch to enjoy her treat. I go sit next to her and hear this loud crunching. I look at her and with a kind of sarcastic humor ask if it's crunchy. Haha. She said, "Yeah, I've reheated it 8 times since I've cooked it and it got crunchier each time." Hahahahahaha. You're amazing Nany. I love you.

xoxo

4 comments:

Alice said...

She's got an iron stomach, that Nanny. She used to leave noodles on the stove all night and reheat them in the same pan for lunch the next day.

Alice said...

that was my mom...

and yeah. just like me eating the candy off of a ginerbread house today that was made before thanksgiving. hahahahahaha.

BobandLu said...

Alice you and your mom both make me laugh and cry. I'm going to the bathroom first then bringing kleenex to the computer with me.
Love you.

Alice said...

hahahaha...good times. we have fun together. i'm glad we can share the good stuff and make others laugh too!!!