...it's not much...
Haha. It's been a pretty dang uneventful day, but nevertheless, I'm writing on my blog. I got out of bed around 11am. Note the "got out of bed", which does NOT imply that I was awake at that time. No, I was awake by 9-9 30am as usual. :) Fun stuff. After a very late, and very interesting night last night, I'm pretty worn out today. I'm already ready for bed. Although, I cannot go to sleep yet because Michael and Sarah are here babysitting us while my parents are out on a date. Today is their 17th anniversary. Woo-HOO! Congrats guys. I applaud you at heart. They're going to the temple to do sealings for about an hour, then go to some fancy shmancy restaurant that serves Ethiopian food. Mmm...Ethiopian food...It reminds me of our amazing friends who live in our neighborhood in Virginia. The Seyoums. I miss them SOO horribly. Their second to oldest son, who I'm super good friends with, Matthew, is a senior at West Potomac this year, and I won;t get to see him graduate. :'( Also, there is Musie. Haha. Me and him have been good buddies since birth. Always getting into trouble, running around the hallways at church. Good times. Their mom would always cook and invite us over to eat incredibly amazing, completely authentic Ethiopian food. Sooo good. I also miss Bertukan, who is temporarily living with Nanny and Baba (my grandparents) at their house in Rappahannock, Virgina. She immigrated to the U.S. from Ethiopia to not be arrested for working for the government. For a long time now, she has been working hard, and trying to get the rest of her family (3 daughters, and husband) grant to move here too. They all passed the tests, and are all arriving sometime this month. It was a long process. I'm disappointed that I will not be there to greet them. To see her daughters slowly get used to American culture. Oh well. I'll see them in June.
Anyways, here I am sitting at the computer, having helped take care of the girlies, cleaned up some crud in the basement, did some dishes, made dinner, etc, waiting for a call. Should be soon...
Oh! Tonight I found out something pretty interesting. Callie likes drinking milk. After dinner tonight, I made some hot chocolate for everybody, and there was some extra watery-ish milk left in the pan. I was curious to see what would happen, so I poured the rest into the doggie food dish. She LOVED it. There wasn't too much that I gave her, and all I can hope for is for her not to have lots (more than usual) of stinky toots tonight. Hahaha...
Well, I'm gonna do some work on iTunes now.
xoxo
Defiance Shirts - the Handmade Process
10 years ago
2 comments:
Thanks for making dinner and cleaning up. We need to go to that restaurant. It was good!!
YES, we DO need to go to that restaurant. it can be like our dished of india back home. hah, when we go back home, we'll have both ethiopean AND indian! :D
Post a Comment