Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy cows make happy butter.

It's true!!! Uncle Steven and I were making butterscotch oatmeal cookies, and the butter said that it came from Sunnyside Farm. Hahaha. They are really super yummy by the way...must be the happy butter. That recipe made a crazy heck of a lot of cookies though. to give you a little taste of how many there were, I'll tell you that it called for 3 1/2 cups of brown sugar, 5 cups of oatmeal, and 6 1/2 cups of flour. That's not even all of it! Crazy crazy. At least that means that tomorrow for a car food we can have "a crazy heck of a lot of cookies"!!! Haha.

Oh. My. Goodness. We're actually leaving tomorrow. In about 24 hours we will be on our way home to Virginia. Jeez. I have mixed feelings about leaving. I am so happy to be going home to be able to see my grandpa (and other family), and my friends in Alexandria. I am so sad though, to be leaving all my new friends here, and the amazing family here as well. This I've complained about earlier though. So...yeah. *super sigh* At least on the way back home since there are two cars, I get to sit shotgun the whole way home in either car at either time. Yuss...

Last night (and the night before) we stayed at Becca's. It was soooo fun! I'm really glad I went and was able to spend time with her and Simon before we left. Friday night, Steven was there for a little while to watch Igor with us. Interesting movie...I stayed up late watching the 70's show. Well, 11pm anyways. The next morning, I was forcefully awoken at 9 am by my cousin. Haha. We had yummy secret Becca's recipe pancakes for breakfast, then bummed around all day with everyone else watching TV. We were all glued to the screen except for the few excruciating hours that Becca and I tried to do the "world's most difficult puzzle". It's of Disney villains, and it's double sided. 500 pieces. The same on both sides except rotated 180 degrees...bad news. As soon as we put the pieces back in the box, we immediately felt much better. At least we got the border done...last night, we watched The City of Ember. I only saw the first part, and it wasn't my favorite, but it was all right for a beginning. :) When the kids were down for bed, Becca and I started watching season 3 of The Hills. Very addicting tv show. Very. Becca went to bed after the first few episodes, but I stayed up till 2am and finished that disc. Haha. I think I'm hooked...

We were supposed to go to my mom's aunt's house for dinner at 6pm tonight, but it's almost 6 30 now, and mom and dad are still a our house finishing up some projects. Gir. I want to see Lillian and Co. before we leave for good!!! :'( Plus, I'm kinda hungry...

Hey!!! I just got word that my parents are finally on their way!!! Wee-HOO!!! Food, family and fonecalls (haha), here I come!!!

xoxo

No comments: