Saturday, January 31, 2009

Remembrance, gratitude and tears.

Today all of Bapa's grandkids were able to have a special moment with him. He started with the oldest child of his, Becky, moving on to my mom. I'm the oldest out of my mom's kids so I went first. He stood up and brought me into a hug. We stood there hugging while he told me how much he loves me. He told me that with me being the oldest of his 13 grandchildren that I can be an amazing example. He told me how grateful he was to be able to spend the few years together with me that we had. He told me that he wanted so badly to see me again after my lifetime. He told me that whether it was him or someone else that I will have a guardian angel that will always be with me. He said more too, but this was what really stood out. After he finished he said, "I love you Alice. Thank you." I told him I love him and kissed him on the cheek. He did the same to me. My dad got it on video camera. I will be going back to that again someday, reliving that sweet moment I had with my Bapa. I'll put up pictures as soon as I have a chance to get them loaded.

Tonight I'm going to spend the night at Bertukan's house, along with my other sisters (except Bubby). It might be nice to get away from the house. Although I really want to stay here as long as I can. Maybe I can convince my mom to let me stay here. It's where I want to be right now. With my Bapa and all the other family that's traveled here to be with him. It's a quiet place, one where I can think without interruption. I just sit up here at the computer typing away while listening to stories told by Bapa. He has enough energy to talk today. We'll see how he's doing tomorrow.

I know I'll see him again someday.

xoxo

No comments: