Friday, January 16, 2009

Surgery.

Well, I just got home from the hospital a little under an hour ago (6pm). My mom and I got there at 11am...the surgery was supposed to happen around noon, but we had to wait a LLLOOONNNGGG time. I was finally taken to get the IV and everything around 3pm. Blah. I woke up around 4pm. The wait was the hardest thing for me. I was already anxious, and waiting that much longer was really hard on me. When I woke up though, it was like when I normally wake up in the morning. I was totally sane, and not even loopy. I was awake, but I couldn't move or even open my eyes for a little bit though. I feel fine after everything. The bump is gone, I can feel that under the tape bandage. They went from the outside, but there shouldn't be too much of a scar. :) My mom was worried.

I have some news. Within two weeks we will be back in Virginia. Yeah. Crazy, huh? We will be living in Flint Hill, Rappahannock, down the road from my grandma and grandpa until June when the renters (living in our house WITH a signed contract are) move out. We'll still be back in our house by June 23rd though! plus, I get to go visit my friends in Fairfax county some weekends. I cried when my mom told me the news. I immediately called Heather, the twin sister I never had, and then Adam called me. Oh. My. Goodness. This is the happiest I've been in the longest time. No joke. Karma. Good things come to those who wait. Although, the reason why we're going back is because of my grandpa. He is very sick, and we want to be with him as long as we can. This is one of the reasons that I am so happy (well, anxious) to get back home. I'm glad that I get to see him (and our other Virginian family) soon. I have high hopes and prayers that my Bapa is going to stay strong, and survive this. Be around for a while longer. Guys, please pray for him, and keep in in your hearts. Thank you. I love him, and I want him to be healthy again.

Well, wish us luck with getting everything together for the big speedy move. I already have the job of packing away all my clothes except for a week's worth of outfits tomorrow. And remember, keep my Bapa in your hearts.

Thank you, and I love you all.

xoxo

7 comments:

Kandis & Derek said...

Wow thats a lot of information to get from your blog the first time I get on here! I'm so sad to see you guys leave-we've truly enjoyed having you in our ward and I will miss you tons! As I know the other girls will. I'm glad your surgery went well and there won't be much scaring :) Please stay in touch after you get to virginia! -Kandis

Heather said...

lol
love you and cant wait to see you!!!

Alice said...

haha thanks kandis. i will keep in touch. don't worry. i won't be at church this sunday, but should be next sunday. just keep reading my blog, and you'll stay updated! <3

can't wait to see you too heather <3

becky said...

Well Alice, I'm very glad you guys are coming. Although I have to say it has been very cold here...the past two days the high was like 22 degrees. By Tuesday the high will be 30, and in two weeks, who knows?

becky said...

Alli
So you'll move into your house the 23rd?That's really close to deadline....the 24th.(my b-day)
Happy to see you!:)

-Katie:):}:]

becky said...

We're glad your surgery went well and hope you feel better soon! Goodnight.

Becky and Katie

Alice said...

thank you so much katie and becky! i love you guys too. thanks fo the nice supprtive note! i'm excited to see you all too. you need to come and visit us in rappahannock as much as you can. see you soon!!! (in a couple of weeks :) <3