Sunday, January 18, 2009

Moving.

Man...it still hasn't hit home that we're actually moving soon yet. I just feel like we're packing for a short trip or something. Nope! We're going back home. Well, close to home. Then back home home in June. Moving this quickly is pretty crazy. Seriously. We're either leaving this Friday or Sunday. Grandma Jane might be driving with us, then flying back out when we get there. I finally got all of my clothes packed away together, and a weeks' worth set aside somewhere. I'm working on sorting through all the junk that's accumulated since we got here early July. *phewsh* Weird how things pile up so fast.

Tomorrow we're going to Becca's house so that us kids won't get in the way of things that have to happen here. Haha. It'll be nice to hang out with her as much as we can before we leave though. I'll miss a bunch of things about Utah. I know I half-heartedly vowed to not get attached to Utah, but ya know...sometimes things grow on you when they're forced upon you. I'll miss a bunch of the good friends I made here. Some of my teachers are freaking AWESOME. I'll miss them. I'll miss grandma and grandpa Babcock, Uncle Steven, Uncle Michael and Aunt Sarah, cousin Emma, cousin Sarah, Aunt Becca, cousin Simon. I'll actually miss all the snow and ice...I'll miss slipping on the ice early in the mornings coming this close to swearing out loud. Haha. I'll miss all the freaking awesome thrift stores (you know how I love those). I'll miss this cute little house. The neighborhood hasn't set in on me like it has on my mom, so I'm covered for that. I think that's about all that I'll miss. Oh, wait! The grading system. I'll miss that. Bad. To get an A here, all you need is a 90%. Not a freaking 94%. Hah. I'm most definitely looking forward to going back to that...yeah. We'll see.

I'm worried about Bapa. I'm worried that we won't come home in time to say goodbye to him. *sigh* I want to give him a hug. Tell him that I love him. I can only hope...

Night.

xoxo

2 comments:

becky said...

You'll be back in time...he's doing OK.

Alice said...

good. i really am so glad to hear that.