So, it's a brand new year with one day behind me. It doesn't seem much different. Although, now I can say that I'm turning 16 this year! Also, I'm going back home to Virginia this year (I'll actually miss Utah). Lots of things are going on. This month is a super busy one for me. On the 16th I'm getting surgery on my cheek to get a cyst removed. A couple Octobers ago, we attempted on getting it removed (again by surgery), but the doctor went from the inside of my cheek so a scar wouldn't be present. By going from the inside, there are more facial nerves that are exposed to getting hit. Since that doctor was so precarious of not hitting a nerve, he failed to get all of the cyst out, so it grew back. This time, I'm letting the doctor go from the outside unless he is certain that he can get it from the inside. Hopefully that will be the end of that. This month, I'm also getting my back worked on more. Last month I started going to the chiropractor because my back and neck were hurting. Turns out that I have the beginning symptoms of ferets (sp?) syndrome. It's when the discs in between my vertebrae are inflamed so they can't contract all the way. It's getting a lot better already though. It shouldn't take much longer to fix. Yay!
My resolutions for this year are more like goals that I need/want/waiting to accomplish rather than just saying that I'm going to be like something.
1) Get the surgery over with
2) Get my back all the way fixed
3) Get my braces off
4) Get back to Virginia
5) Turn 16
6)to be continued...
The list will be added to as the year goes on. :) There are definitely more things that I'm going to strive for this year. Haha.
Anyways, it's gonna be a good one.
Today our cousin Simon is coming over to our house because his mom spur of the moment had to go to work for a few hours. He's a cool buddy. I like having him around. I'll miss him when we go back to Virginia. He's 5 years old, and is so fun and curious about everything.
I'm probably going to hang out with Cooper and Riley today at some point. Should be fun. They're leaving on Sunday, so I only have a couple more days with them. I've got to make the most of it.
I'm going to go eat curry that I helped make New Years Eve. Nummy.
Have a good one!
xoxo
Defiance Shirts - the Handmade Process
10 years ago
4 comments:
You're awesomely amazing Alice! I love that you can be positive through less than optimal experiences. You keep bouncing back. It really is amazing.
haha thanks mom. i try. it's all just more to add in my "battle wounds" record. fun, fun, fun!!!
Hey Alice, Im sorry about all your mishaps in Utah but I hope me talking to you tonight helped out as much as I hoped! Just keep in mind that there are only 6 more months until you get to come home to see everyone <3 ya too much!
thanks adam. it helped a bunch. hope you're holding up! :) and actually, there's a little less than 6 months till i get home. i love you too. <3
Post a Comment