So, according to a bunch of people, I have a bunch of catching up to do since my last post was on Thanksgiving. Haha. We're back home from California now. We got in about 4am this morning.
The day after Thanksgiving, I woke up, and was supposed to get together with my friend, Hannah Lowell, but I ate half a bowl of cereal, and felt icky. Since people were getting sick left and right, I decided to play it safe and stay home. I spent all day bumming around on the couch, watching movies with my mom and aunt. We watched this one interesting talk show about millionaires, and how they should be more charitable with their money. It was funny, cause my aunt is hard core republican, and very outspoken, so she kept making hilarious comments. It was about 4pm that day, and I still didn't get sick. My dad, uncle, and uncle's nephew went go go shooting somewhere in the desert with a bunch of guns, and they wanted me to go with them...I really wanted to, but, relentingly I decided to stay home and play on Poptropica. Hah. They said that they would probably go again the next morning, and that I could go with them then if I felt better, but I was stilled pretty dang bummed. Later that night, I watched one and a half movies (Legally Blonde, and What About Bob?) before I finally threw up. :P I was super duper glad that I didn't eat anything that day. Phew. Anyways, I fell asleep around 10:30 that night.
When I woke up, I was feeling loads better, and was all ready and hyped up to go shooting. They decided not to go... :( Gir. We all got off our lazy butts instead, and went to the Living Desert (It's like a zoo), after I took the girls to the community pool for about an hour. We spent maybe 4 hours there. It was actually really fun. I went there a couple of summers ago when I last visited, and was excited to play with the goats in the petting zoo again. Haha. We left the place a little after 5pm, and went to go meet up at this premiering (not open officially yet!) all you can eat buffet. Souplantation. It was yummy...the mac and cheese was my absolute favorite. There was a super nice, really gay waiter that told me how to make it even better. Put more cheese on it. Hah. Who would've known...? I ate so much that I thought my tummy would legitly explode, it was so dang full. I think I gained about 5 pounds that night after losing 5 from not eating for 2 days. Oh well, you can't win them all. :) After eating, we went home, put the kids in bed, and then us adults ate kettle corn and buttery popcorn while watching Stranger than Fiction. I love that movie. That ended about 2:30am, and we all stayed up for a couple more hours, just talking and looking through pictures.
The next morning, it was our day to leave to go back to our Utah House. I slept straight through to 12pm, and woke up to my mom telling me that I had to give Callie a bath. Right then. Hah. Easier said than done. I went downstairs, and my sisters (Grace and Hannah got sick the night before) were watching a movie. That was kinda distracting. Well, my mom got kinda pissed, and supervised me as I started washing my dog. It was a long 5 minutes. We kept her in the garage till we left because otherwise she would get all muddy from the dirty sand out back. The strangest thing happened before we left. Peanut, the little Charlie Weenut kept jumping in our van, and the next door neighbors (his owners) came outside, and started coming up with this sob story about how they think that he doesn't like them anymore, and how they work in the town over, and don't get to spend much time with him. They finally came to the point, where they were willing to give Peanut to us. Yeah. Everybody was pretty excited about that idea except for my dad. He made the concluding decision to leave him there. Lucy started sobbing, and kept saying how stupid dad was, and that she wanted him to stop and turn around. Personally, I'm kinda glad that we didn't end up taking him with us...Callie would have been super jealous, and it would have been kinda annoying to have a wee-ing boy dog around the house. Anyways, we started our long trip home around 3:30pm. The best thing about the trip was when we drove through Las Vegas. It was really pretty. Really really pretty. And really really bright. I want to go on a road trip with someone one day. That would be fun. One of my favorite sights to look at, is when it's dark, and there's just a sea of city lights stretched out before me (Another favorite, is when there's nobody...just trees, or rain, or snow, or something pretty. Just there). We took a few pictures, but it was hard to take more than a bunch of blurry lights when it's dark outside, and you're in a bumpy car. I slept about an hour in the car, total, and like I said, we got home around 4am. I fell asleep about 5am, and had to get up at 6am.
I went to school late, cause I needed to finish some AP World HW (btw, I have an A in that class!!!), so I got to skip Seminary, and went straight to AP World. The whole day was pretty much a big blur, and there was a really long, super touching school assembly that went on today. It was about a girl, Rachel Joy Scott, who was one of the victims in the Columbine High School shooting in Colorado. There was a guy who came in, that is really good friends with the brother of this famous girl, and told us the story of how this girl, who had never left the state of Colorado, is famous not just in this country, but in places like Ireland, and Canada. This girl, since she was really young, had been saying that she was going to be a famous actress, that she would touch the lives of others, that she would die young. It was like she had these premonitions about things that were going to happen. It was amazing. This was by far the best school assembly I've ever attended. A key idea in this story, was that we need to reach out and be kind to everyone. I've always been the kind of person that tries to be kind to everyone, especially social outcasts, etc. Sometimes, I just am not feeling up to it, or maybe (for some odd reason) I'm feeling shy or whatever, and I'm not the nicest person in the world. This assembly actually made me change my perspective on how frequently I should always be trying to touch others. I'm not planning on ignoring some "down" person in the hall, or some person that's not the most popular/outgoing person anymore. It's saddening, really. I'm really going to make a bigger effort. For more information about her, go to http://www.racheljoyscott.com/. When I got home, I didn't do much. I watched the kids channel on TV with my sisters (KBYU), then did some homework. Then I talked on the phone, and made someone feel better, and yeah. Blogtime!
I should go to bed soon, and try to actually get some sleep tonight. I need to stay after school tomorrow to take a test that I missed for Chemistry. Haha, also, in the morning, before school, I need to go to Spanish and take a quiz that I missed. Fun. It's funny though, cause as I'm writing things sometimes, I remind myself of things I need to do which I would otherwise forget about. This blog is good for more than just for fun. Or..."Maybe I'm just smart...". :D Hahahahahahahahahaha... *sigh* Oh man. I need sleep.
xoxo
Defiance Shirts - the Handmade Process
10 years ago
2 comments:
Your blog inspired me to just write about my day instead of worrying about pictures. I really enjoy the reading of it.
thanks! i'm glad that i could help!
Post a Comment