Well, today was kinda a blur...
I woke up at 5:50am today cause I was experimenting with waking up 10 minutes earlier than usual. It works better that I expected.
At school, I visited my math teacher in the morning before class started, and she informed me that I got a 100% on the test we took Monday!!! I think that's my first 100% on any math test I've ever taken...it's a mark in history. I was excited. The rest of the day went whoooossshhhh until about 12:30pm when my mom was supposed to pick me up from school for an appointment with Monty (my therapist). She never came...I was sitting in the main office for an hour and a half. Just sitting there waiting, and when school ended, I was still there. I took the liberty of riding my bus home...
When I walked in the door, I asked my mom, "What happened?!?" She said, "Oh, the girls have strep, too". I was kinda confused, so then asked, "Well, why didn't you call the office? I was waiting there for an hour and a ha...". My mom interrupted me with..."Crap". Now we have to pay a fee of $40 to Monty for missing an appointment without prior cancellation. Hah...fun.
I just hung out for a while, watching video recordings of us kids when we were way little until I decided to get up off my butt and start getting ready for my band concert. I straightened my hair, fixed my makeup, and spent about 15 minutes trying to find a nice black shirt that would work for my black slacks that I got while I was, guess, thrift shopping! (That's all I ever shop at. Thrift stores. I LOVE them! You can get brand new stuff for like $60 cheaper than it would be originally. Haha.)
My mom went with me to my concert, and I was actually there on time! Us band kids hung out in the choir room while the string people were taking over the band room. Ok, interruption to the concert story...I met this guy in my band class. His name is Byron, and he plays percussion. I never really talked to him until one day when he sat next to me on the bus, about a week ago (apparently he lives in my neighborhood, and as I found out tonight, he lives just a couple houses down from me...). Tonight was really funny though, because I was just sitting in a chair next to my tuba cause I was so tired that I didn't really feel like being social. He just comes up to me, sits down next to me, and starts by saying, "So, um, you look sad and lonely, and quiet over here sitting next to your tuba all by yourself...". Hahaha...so we became good buddies tonight. We're gonna hang out sometime. By the way, he totally fixed my fourth valve that I've been complaining about because it keeps coming out and whapping my knuckle. So, back to the concert, to put it bluntly, we ROCKED!!! Even with the lower band combined with us the first few songs, we were still amazing! After the first few songs, the strings people went out and played a few songs. Then the top band, us, went out and joined with the strings to play the last two songs. Hah, guess who decided NOT to show up tonight...? Antonio...the other tuba player. Gir. For the last two songs, I was playing solo mio on the tuba part. I was amazing though. I think I did lots better than last concert when he didn't show up. I was a lot louder. Me and the percussion people are planning a paybacking-get-Antonio-in-band-class-tomorrow thing. It's pretty exciting. Oh, another interruption...haha. It was funny, because I was chilling with the percussion people, well, Byron brought them over and made me be buddies with them, and they all of a sudden decided to guess what year I was. Basically, it was 3 votes for junior, and 1 vote for senior...yeah. It was great. I almost fell out of my chair because I was laughing so hard. My mom put me in Kindergarten when I was 4 years old, just because I barely made the cut off date. So, I really kinda should be a freshman this year...in a way. So, I'm a super young sophomore with these junior guys thinking I'm a senior. Haha...funny. It was great later too, cause I was passing by some people I know, and one of the guys came up to me and just said, "You smell really good. Just so you know...". Hehe.
All in all, tonight made up for me not having the best morning/afternoon.
After the concert (my grandma and uncle came along to watch too, btw), mom took me to Starbucks, and we got some really yummy hot chocolate, and some really yummy cinnamon coffee cake. It was pretty exciting.
When we got home from that, we ran into Pippa and Kirk who just barely got home from their 10 day trip to...somewhere...anyways, we talked to them for a while, and they're going on another 10 day trip over the Christmas holiday to Cancun, Mexico. Hah. They wondered if I wanted to house-sit their house for them while I'm gone. Well, also watch their dog. Basically, I have a house all to myself for a little over a week. I get to sleep there, eat there, basically act like it's my own house. I'm pretty excited. I'm gonna bring Bubby over with me one night for a sleepover with just her and me. Haha. That would be fun.
So, it's late. I need to shower, and still get ready for bed.
Goodnight!!!
xoxo
p.s. I talked to Jonesie after the concert, and asked her if we could officially call Antonio "half a tuba". She agreed. She also said that if Antonio didn't have such a big head from being a senior, that I would be the first chair tuba! Woo-hoo! I need to email Mr. Foreman, and Mr. Rice, my band teachers from last year, and ask if I can be in the top band next year...that would be freaking amazing.
Defiance Shirts - the Handmade Process
10 years ago
3 comments:
It was a nice night. I loved spending time with you and you are a totally awesome tuba player! We gotta do Starbucks again sometime.
Congratulations on a very successful-sounding concert! It sounds like you are having fun and feeling a lot better.
heck yes! it was great. and i am feeling MUCH better thank you.
Post a Comment