It was amazing. Really. So amazing that I've put that place into a list of possible places that I might want to go on my honeymoon...not that I'm even beginning to think about that or anything...hah.
So, it was about a 15-20 minute drive there, and when we drove up, there were some Christmas lights winding up the trunks of tall, tall palm trees. The lawn in front of the entrance of the hotel was a golf course. Right as you're about to enter through the doors, there is a huge pool of water with water fountains in it. Right through the doors, there was a balcony type thing with a HUGE Christmas tree with blue lights and ornaments overlooking a lounging area/bar. When you walk down the stairs to the bar place, you're on another balcony that's overlooking another ginormous pool of water (inside!) and a couple of docks attached to the walkway up against the water. When you walk down to the walkway there are some men that are waiting to take you on a boat to a restaurant (there are several) on a big lake with lots of swans and a few ducks. So anyways, when you get on a boat from the dock, you are still inside the building, and you go out through doors to outside. Outside on the lake, there are lots of arches/bridges that you go under. We went to a restaurant, but didn't eat because we had dinner previously. When we got to the restaurant, we walked around over the bridges and on pretty paths. We followed a path to an outdoor mall that is attached to the hotel. When you walk through the mall, you can go back in to the hotel (which by the way, inside, is big and beautiful and very tall. Very open. The lights are kind of dim.). We went back home after taking pictures by the tree. Also at this hotel, there are ballrooms, 7 pools (that I could count), lots of jacuzzis, spas, a big nightclub, and lots of other things. Yeah. It's pretty amazing. I wish my mom took her camera. I want to go there again sometime...maybe for a week or so with a couple thousand dollars. Haha.
I am sooo tired. The parents (and I) are watching Star Wars 2. It's almost finished, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it...well, never mind, it just ended...I'm going to bed now. After my push ups. :)
xoxo
Defiance Shirts - the Handmade Process
10 years ago
4 comments:
Your blog is great proof that you arrived safely in California. I'm glad.
Palm Springs area shows great contrast between rich and poor. Those who have money and those who serve them. Kind of sad in a way.
mhm. it is. it's very noticable too.
When we were on the boats I looked at Alice and said, "It's for fun" (Nacho Libre accent included). Because really, it was so over the top that that's all there was to say!
(my mom posted that last comment that said it was from me...)
Post a Comment