Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yyeeaaahhhhhh!!!!!

My mom told me to get on and write so she could read something. Haha. So here I am! Sitting here, writing something. Listening to people screaming, while I'm trying to look through my music to make a CD for someone in Virginia. It's some pretty intense multi-tasking if I do say so myself.

Virginia...I miss Virginia. A couple of nights ago I asked my mom a serious question. I asked her why we are staying here. I asked her to give me a legit straight answer. She said that it was mainly because we have people living in our house in Virginia right now. Funny thing though, cause we sent a contact to the renters about a month ago. They still haven't sent it back yet. If they don't sign it, then we are for sure going back. No matter what. So...to sum up this mini rant, we might be going home sooner than June!!! It's a teensy-tiny chance, but it's a bit of hope that I'm going to hang on to. If we go back home early, that would be one of the best presents that anybody could ever give me. Really. I want to go back so intensely. 7 months, 31 weeks, 216 days is the maximum amount of time till we would be back. Thinking about it in weeks time, it seems shorter. In a way.

I hope...but I do not expect. Hoping, wishful thinking, wanting, waiting...waiting for one of the best days of my life to come.

Yesterday I almost needed to take a trip to the ER. (My dad didn't think so, but, he didn't see it very clearly...) I was walking in the kitchen, and my toe found the sharp edge of the heating vent. In other words, I sliced my toe open. A little wider, and I would have needed stitches (a stitch). Lots of blood, lots of pain, it was sad. I've effectively hurt myself pretty badly at least once every day this week. Not good. Ow...it's still sore.

Yesterday, I also went to the store with my mom, to return a bad mattress covering thing that we bought a couple days before. The couple days before, when we were at the store, I saw that some zebra satin sheets were on sale...I freaked out, and hoped that they had them in twin size (cause that's the bed size I have here :P). They didn't. They only had queen, and king sizes. I left with doubts of ever buying them (they were a dang good price, too). So anyways, when my mom and I went back to the store to return the bed thing, we were completely unaware that the sheets were still there. We just got another, better sheet thing for mom. Later that day (yesterday), I told my mom that I still wanted satin zebra sheets. She suggested that we should get them so I could use them on my amazing queen size bed back in Virginia, and that I could just double them over here if I really wanted to. I freaked even more. A catch..."For a Christmas present", she added. Heck, I was still all for it. My dad needed a new pillow anyways, so we went back to the store for the second time that day and got the incredibly amazing satin zebra sheets! While looking for a pillow for dad, we found a nice, big, fluffy pillow that smelled like vanilla. Of course I fell madly in love with it. Conveniently, I needed a new pillow as well. *sigh* I got it. Last night, I feel asleep on a satin, zebra print, vanilla smelling pillow that was super comfy. ( Mom let me have a pillowcase early :)

Haha, I'm completely psyched about it all if you couldn't tell. :D

So, I'm thinking about Christmas presents... Heck! We only have about 5 1/2 weeks left!!! It's kinda overwhelming to think about. In a way. I feel obligated to send/give people things, but in a way, I don't. Well, I'll see what I end up coming up with.

On December 13, there's something called "Tuba Christmas". It's where a bunch of tubas from all over the state of Utah get together, and play Christmas carols. Imagine...hundreds of tubas, just tubas, playing together at Gateway. Pretty freaking awesome, huh? Now imagine this...me getting to play in it!!!!! My band teacher asked me to play in it!!!!! She's going to give me more details soon, but I'm soooo super excited!!! One of the first chances I'm going to get to play in a decent band...of one of the best instruments in the whole world! That'll be fun.

Hmm...as I'm thinking of food just now, I got a big craving. For frog-eye salad. Mmm...that's good stuff. Ugh...now I really want some. Pasta things, with mini marshmallows, pinapple, little manderain oranges, other good stuff...mmm...maybe one day. Preferably soon.

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. She's turning 39! Crazy...she looks sooooo much younger than she really is. She only has a few gray hairs. If she dyed them, them she would definetly look like she was in her late 20's, or even younger. Really. Probably why people who don't know us automatically think that we are sisters. Funny, we sound alike, we look alike, we think alike (sometimes :). Pretty wierd. Cool though. In a way I like it. But yeah.

Tonight we're going to go to grandma's house, like always, for dinner. Yay! We're going to have a party for mom. Probably means something along the lines of another 8 course meal. Haha...happy tummies tonight. I'm excited. I think my mom requested chicken enchiladas and a black bottom cake. Yum. I'll write more about the amazingness later tonight...or later.

Hm...I found a new way to put up my hair today. Out of my way, cute, me. I like it. With my hair, there's not really a whole lot I can do with it. It's soooooo dang thick, and now it's pretty long (my hair grows super fast), which makes it super difficult. Mostly I limit the styles to french braids, two braids down my shoulders, two ponytails down my shoulders, a regular ponytail, or messy bun thing. Sometimes I do wierd things, too. Which end up looking cute just the same, but yeah. Some of them take too long. I like to limit my hair time to 10 minutes MAXIMUM. Usually ending up being about 5 minutes. Haha...yeah.

Well, we need to get going now.

xoxo

6 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Way to make your Mom feel great. Sweet birthday present. Glad you like the Sunday dinners at grama's house.

Alice said...

i LOVE the sunday dinners!!!!!!! that's one of the things i look forward to during the week. seriously. :) making jewelry is an odd little amusing habit of mine. i like it. thanks for a good sunday night!

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Hey, nice posting. I'm glad you wrote, I needed something to read. You're so good to me.

Alice said...

heehee. i know i am mom. i know i am. maybe one day when i feel like rambling on and on and on and on...again, then i'll write a whatever you called it the other day again. :)

Polly said...

I can't believe the ways you are causing yourself physical pain and suffering due to various mishaps...take care of yourself, OK? I want to see you in one piece next summer!!!

hugs, Nanny

Alice said...

i'll try my best, nanny...but you know me...i'm not the most graceful person in the whole world. ask my mom about that. hah. sometimes she's not much better than me! :D