Sunday, November 23, 2008

The power of pictures. What I miss about Virginia.

One of my favorite pictures of me of all time. I miss Commander.
Our hangout room.
The chicken coop! I miss those eggs. Store bought are in no comparison to those ones.

Nanny and Boppa's house in Rappahannock, VA.
I wonder if I'm going to see any praying mantis here. They were so fun to have cling on my fingers.
Our front room.
Our front room from another angle.
My basement room looking into my bathroom.
Looking into my room.
Our house in the fall.
Our incredibly amazing tree looking out over the West Potomac track/football field.
The Japanese Maple that turned bright red right before it died.
The raspberries from our garden last year that we're going to miss out on this year.
I'm missing Virginia. I just need to remember that my favorite things will still be there when we get back in June. So pretty. Yes, I even miss the humidity. I don't think I'll be complaining about it much for a while when I first get back. I'm going to want to run on the wepo track every morning. Evening might be more pleasant. All I know is that I'm going to have a blast in June. Tagging along with people to the pool. We sold our pool membership recently. :P Stinky. But. Less than 6 months. 30 weeks. 192 days. It's getting there. Going by faster than I expected which is amazing. Music, talking to friends back home, thinking, trying to pass the time quickly here is what helps me the most. If I got a job then time would go by even faster. That's still a work in progress.
Well, tomorrow we're going on our way to California for Thanksgiving. We'll be spending 11 hours in a car with a roof carrier on top, 7 people on the inside, plus a dog (who is a very amazing traveling baby). I'm almost all the way packed. I just need to wait for my mom to finish doing laundry tomorrow, and pack some more pants and underwear. Haha. Yeah. Well, my mom's cell will be in the car with us, and I'm planning on using that to my advantage. :)
Gotta go to school tomorrow and still do well well on a chemistry test after school, so I'm outta here.
xoxo

4 comments:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I need to go look at my Virginia house pictures now...ok, so I admit I like Virginia.

Polly said...

Wow, I'm excited to see that both Commander AND our house made it into your blog!! I'm honored...have a super time in California and a wonderful Thanksgiving with B&S--I'm very thankful for you! (At first I wrote thinkful but that wasn't quite the same)

love, Nanny

DP said...

Have fun in California! Can't wait to see pictures! love, Di

Alice said...

thanks! i'll try to have a blast. evn though i'm even farther away from va...sheesh!