Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oof...

Today would be classified as an...um...hectic day. Man, it was insane. I was a complete and total mess.

I woke up at 6am (like usual) and went to school. It was pretty normal up until band. When I walked into band, I tripped on the carpet...I knew that wasn't a good sign. I decided to take off my shoes to get my tuba (cause I was wearing flats, and I would slip out of my shoes which would just cause a big 'ol mess. So, I was maneuvering around huge cases, stands, chairs, percussion instruments, etc. I manage to somehow get to my tuba case all the way in the far back corner. I open the case, pick up my tuba, haul it over my shoulder, and start making my way back to my seat. (All those 10 feet away...sheesh). Well, I'm walking back, and being so intent on making it back without tripping on anything, I trip over an open case just lying there. I land on my back somehow whit the tuba on top of me. Meanwhile, I was wincing in pain cause my toenail almost got ripped off. Blech. By this time, I've gotten quite a few looks and "nice job Alice"-es. I slowly push the huge metal instrument off of me, and painfully get up off the floor. I limp over to my chair, throw my backpack on the ground and just sit there for a few. Well, that didn't last as long as I would have wanted, cause we were getting ready to play. I get up, lift my backpack up onto my chair, reach into my pocket where I keep my mouthpiece, and pull it back out as fast as I could, screaming as I did so. I look at my hand (which was throbbing at this point), take one look at it, and try not to scream again. I apparently sliced/stabbed open my palm with a pencil that was just hanging out in that pocket. With blood starting to trickle down my wrist, I rush to the bathroom, and clean it out. Not so good of a thing to happen when I have to use that hand to push down valves. Oh! Speaking of valves, this one freshman tuba player in the other class took HOME the tuba that I use in class. That was maybe about 2 weeks ago. He STILL hasn't brought it back despite frequent requests from Jonesie. Gir. So, about the valves, I now have to use this HUGE tuba that has a messed up fourth valve. When I push down on it, it flips out of it's socket, whips around to where my hand is sitting, and scratches it up with a wire that randomly sticks out. *sigh* After these incidents, I manage to make it home in one piece.

When I got home, I spent a couple hours on my homework, finishing it as fast I could with the Internet going out every 5 seconds, so that I could watch the movie that we got from Netflix a couple days ago. That movie...ugh...well, it's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The new one. It was all good up until my mom came into the room where I was watching it in the dark on the mini portable movie player. She told me that there was the creepiest thing in the world that was going to come up pretty soon...something dealing with...ants. *shudder* I yelped when she told me this. "Yeah", she said, "It's really scary". I groan, turn down the volume lower, and kept pausing it every time a new angle would show on the screen. My mom, of course, kept popping her head in the room checking on me every so often. I asked her (haha) if she would turn on the lights and stay in the room with me (cause she said the part was coming up super soon). Not long after I un-paused the movie, did I see the car run into a HUGE mound...it was an anthill with the biggest ants I've ever seen, MILLIONS of them, biting, human flesh eating, BIGBIGBIGBIG, squishy, juicy, smart ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh...I was sitting there, shaking, covering my eyes with my hands, sobbing. My mom thought I was peeking, so she kept saying, "Look Alice!" Oh. My. Gosh. The worst thing I've ever seen. During this scene, while I was crying and shaking so hard, I got a phone call. It was Adam. Phew. Well, actually it was sad cause I said, "Mom! Give me the phone!" (crying the whole time). She answers the phone, says it's Alice's mom, and that Alice is crying, then gave the phone to me. (Oh, by the way, if you couldn't tell, I have SUCH a bad phobia of ants). I cry a hi, then am still sobbing for the first 10-15 minutes that I'm talking, not able to stop shaking until an hour after I saw the ants. It was so bad. I'm kinda embarrassed about it, but you know, it's me...and I'm just...me. So. yeah.

That was my day of Hell. I bet you're all jealous now. Hah.

Well, some awesome news about today is that Uncle Michael called me tonight, and gave me some news about a job he's looking into helping me get. The IDFL (International Down Feather Laboratories). Hahaha...the most awesome thing ever! Anyways, he said that he talked to his manager friend, and hat he said that the might be an opening that I could take in January! That would be so incredibly amazing. Thanks Uncle Mike! :D

I need to go to bed to get up at 6...at least it's a Friday!

Oh! And Aunt Becca said that we might be able to go to Body Worlds on Saturday! Yay!

xoxo

2 comments:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Well I had no idea about the tuba incident. No wonder you didn't want me telling you to do your homework before you watched the movie. But it's a good thing you did the homework first. If you hadn't you probably would have been so freaked out about the ants that you couldn't have concentrated.

Alice said...

You're telling me...