My hair!!!Today actually went by really super fast.
First off, yesterday, a tank rolled on the interstate that was full of propane. Lots of people had to evacuate their homes because they didn't want gas to harm anyone. Well, some family members were in that evacuation radius, so my dad invited them to come over and stay at our house. Well, there ended up being 12 people in our house needing a place to sleep. We had mattresses and pads all over our floor making it almost impossible to walk around without stepping on something. I was feeling super claustrophobic by this time, especially since I feel bad enough as it is when I have to sleep in the same room with 2 other people. :P Well, we got a call from next door (from Pippa) saying that I could spend the night over at their house. *phew* So, I got my stuff and slept over there, letting one of the visiting girlies sleep in my bed (that lucky girl). I woke up the next morning to Pippa knocking lightly on the door saying that my mom wanted me to go wake up and go home to start working on making mashed potatoes (for this church thanksgiving late lunch thing). I remade the couch and folded all the blankets for them, and made my way back home. Hah...as soon as I walked in the door, my dad started grilling me about how I had to call Becca and tell her that I would probably be about 30 minutes late for going to Body Worlds, and strssing me out about making the mashed potatoes. Gir. I started out with having such a good day, too. So, I called Becca, leaving a message about how I might be alter than expected. I wasn't late. She called me telling me what showing she wanted to see, I finished the potatoes, and we went.
Body Worlds was...amazing. The tickets should have been about $10 cheaper, but it was still worth it. The only disturbing thing about it was seeing all the babies during the stages of pregnancy. Knowing that they were all real just made me grimace. Everything else was fascinating though. There were real organs showing what they look like dissected and everything. There were also models showing where all the blood circulates in your veins. My favorite part was seeing the plasticized bodies in poses, showing what muscles are effected, and what you look like under everything in general. It was awesome. I liked it, and recommend seeing it.
After Body Worlds, Becca dropped me off at my church where the lunch was taking place. There was actually lots of good food, and more people showed up than I expected. The mashed potatoes (that I peeled and cut) were my favorite. ;) Haha. Well, that's a lie. On the stage there are these steep ladder stair things, with a rail that is as steep as this /. Literally. It was pretty long and very high off the ground. I thought it would be a good idea to sit on it and slide down. Hahahahaha...it was the most amazing thing ever. I sit down, pull my feet up, and the next thing I know, I hear this loud thud, and I'm on the stage in a big heap, thinking about how glad I was that I didn't land on my sprained ankle, that it was my right ankle instead...which was hurting pretty horribly at this point. Hah. Pain was shooting up my leg, but it was, hm, invigorating. I limped over to my mom who was trying to ignore the fact that I pulled a horribly idiotic stunt, and laughed. *sigh* Good times.
When we got home, I kinda just sat around, wrestling with Lucy and Hannah, until I got scratched all over my arm (it has marks and scabs all over it now...it feels really sore and tight). My mom turned on the TV, and there was this Christmas Carol showing that I watched. It made me tear up...it was sweet. Afterwards, I sat around some more until this show came on KBYU about dogs and how they're bred. It was really interesting. Right after that ended, I got a call, and spent a very worthwhile hour of my life talking. Mm...it was good. When my mom made me get off, I sat down on the couch in front of the TV watching old reruns of shows that aren't on anymore. I was this special thing where they were showing shows like, Andy Griffen, I Love Lucy, and My Three Sons. It was fun. And funny. :) Yeah. After that, I got on the computer and started working on my blog.
And tomorrow's Sunday. Church. Then, we're throwing a surprise party, during lunch, for Pippa tomorrow to celebrate her birthday. That should be fun. I hope we're going over to grandma's for dinner, too. That would be incredibly amazing. I love food...
Hm...I need to work on peoples' Christmas presents more tomorrow if I have time. Only about 5- more weeks till Christmas! Jeez. And, we're actually staying at home for the holiday this year. Well, home away from home. And, I'm totally excited about having a white Christmas this year. :D Yay!
Tomorrow I need to pack to go to Cali. Monday, I won't have the opportunity to, because, I need to go to school, stay after to take a test for Chemistry, and then will be picked up, and go straight on our way there. We probably won't get there till really late Monday night. And, calling people in Virginia will be very difficult while we're there because it's a three hour difference instead of a two hour difference. :P Roar. I'll figgure out a way.
I need to take a shower.
xoxo
5 comments:
I remember as a child reading my mother's letters to find out what was going on in my life. Your blog reminds me of her. Emotion and detail. Great stuff.
That was a lot of people. But we fit! They're nice.
You are a good writer, you know
thanks grandma. i enjoy writing them. it's a lot more efficiant than a journal.
mom...never again...well, i take that back, i like sleeping at pippa's. :D and thanks for the compliment!
I am sorry I was so critical. You know what, I am going to try something new. If I have something critical to say, I am going to think of 5 different ways to say it. If after that I still feel it is more urgent to say than telling you I love you at that moment, THEN you will hear my concern. Love,
Daddy
hah. thamks dad. :) we'll see how long that lasts...jkjk.
Post a Comment